Born in Korea, raised in California, and most recently a resident of Mexico, Jin combines a wealth of international business, investment and real estate experience to fully service his clients with the highest competence and precision.
After pursing his education at the Cate School, UC Berkeley, Princeton University and Harvard University, Jin structured and analyzed equity and debt deals worth over $1 billion as a corporate financial analyst for Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette Securities Corporation in their investment banking division in San Francisco for their high-technology and high-yield group. Pursuing his entrepreneurial spirit, he furthered his project management and contract negotiation expertise in New York City where he built a risk management software company in the energy commodities sector from ground up and helped grow it to over 200 customers before it was acquired in 2004. Most recently, Jin lived and worked in Mexico negotiating land acquisitions and managing real estate construction projects as a general contractor for international investors from Canada, Europe, Korea and the United States.
Fluent in Korean, Spanish and English Jin is able to attract and effectively communicate with both international and local clientele. When he’s not working on real estate transactions, Jin enjoys surfing remote waves around the world, playing competitive soccer, learning new songs on his acoustic guitar and especially spending time with his 4-year-old son Rio.
Whether you are a buyer or a seller, Jin will focus on your transaction as if it was the only deal in his pipeline, anticipate potential problems, mitigate related risks and make certain that all your concerns are addressed immediately as to avoid any delays along the way. If you are looking for a trustworthy agent who will bring precision to your real estate transaction, please reach out to Jin. He will ensure that you get the best deal possible and be the toughest advocate for your interests.
UC Berkeley - NCAA Div.1 Soccer
Princeton University - Woodrow Wilson Fellow
Harvard University - Ford Foundation Fellow
Kiodex, Inc. (Acquired by Sungard Data Systems in 2004)
• Helped build the first SaaS risk management platform for the commodity hedgers and trading firms from ground up and grew it to over 200 customers.
• Created and managed the Global Market Data Group by identifying customer needs and in-house programming capability to deliver over 100 daily forward curves for the energy commodities market.
• Responsible for prospecting, procuring, legal drafting and contract negotiating 3rd party data license and distribution agreements with major financial data vendors and with over 20 OTC energy commodities brokers.
Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette Securities Corporation (Acquired by Credit Suisse First Boston in 2000)
• Executed over $1 billion in transactions across a wide array of product offerings, including mergers and acquisitions, high yield debt and equity offerings, bridge financings and senior debt financings.
• Performed valuation analyses using discounted cash flow, comparable company analysis and comparable transactions analyses. Constructed detailed financial models to conduct sensitivity analyses.
• Worked on transactions in various industry groups including industrial, technology, retail, food/restaurant and wireless communications.
• Voted Hawaii’s Best Real Estate Firm 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 & 2010
• Voted Best of Honolulu Real Estate Firm 2016, 2015, 2013 & 2012
• Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate® Excellence Award winner
• Best of Hawaii Home and Remodeling, 2016
• One of Hawaii’s most Charitable Companies, 2015
• 50+15 Fastest Growing Businesses award 2014, 2010 & 2011 (Pacific Business News)
• Top 250 Hawaii Businesses, 2016